NORCAL PTAC IS HIRING!
Job Title: Program Coordinator
Location: HSU Campus, Arcata
Hours: 40 hours/week, 12 months/year
Wage: $16-$25/hour, DOE
Revised on April 10 with new application deadline of April 25.
This is a 12-month, non-exempt position, 40 hours per week, and offers a competitive benefits package including group health, dental, and vision after one month of employment, and retirement contributions after 1,000 hours of work in the first year. This position has the potential to grow into a Procurement Counselor role after three or more years of on-the-job training. Knowledge of government purchasing is preferred but not required. While continuation of this position is foreseen for years to come, all Norcal PTAC positions are contingent on continued federal funding. This is not a state or federal position.
The Norcal PTAC is part of Humboldt State University’s Sponsored Programs Foundation and hosted by the Northern California Small Business Development Center (SBDC). Headquarters are located on campus in Arcata, CA. This nonprofit grant program serves the small business community in fifteen northern counties of California (see service area here). The mission of our organization is to help small, minority-owned, woman-owned, veteran-owned, and otherwise disadvantaged businesses sell to government agencies. Funding for this program comes from the federal Defense Logistics Agency (DLA) and other state and local government grants and contracts. Humboldt State University has hosted the PTAC program since 2013. See www.norcalptac.org for more information.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Oversee client intake and registration processes for consulting and/or training opportunities
- In partnership with Program Director, develop and maintain cooperative working relationships and partnerships with other operators within the region’s economic development community
- Process PTAC travel claims and payment requests
- Assist with quarterly and annual programmatic/fiscal grant reporting and billing processes
- Coordinate grant writing process and seek new grant opportunities
- Coordinate PTAC events including facilities arrangement, logistics support and registrations
- Attend and assist with PTAC events and webinars within Northern California
- Attend business functions as a representative of the PTAC
- Reconcile PTAC event records in database tracking system, Neoserra
- Collect procurement award information quarterly from federal and state public registries
- Research and keep up to date on relevant contracting opportunities, process or regulatory changes, procurement systems, and multiple award schedules as required
- Provide guidance to clients on federal, state, and local contract registration systems and certifications
- Manage and process payroll for PTAC team
- Prepare monthly credit card reconciliation
- Coordinate day-to-day activities of PTAC office
- Maintain office supplies, equipment and materials
- Assist PTAC Program Director and other PTAC staff as assigned
- At least two years of experience in administration, bookkeeping, and/or grant management
- Detail-orientated with excellent organizational and multi-tasking abilities
- Ability to learn new, complex topics easily
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Computer skills required including proficiency in Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Ability to conduct online research, manage a database, and learn new software applications
- Read, comprehend and interpret written materials of moderate to complex difficulty
- Willing to travel for events within Northern California, possibly including SF bay area and Redding
- AA or Bachelor’s Degree preferred from an accredited university or the equivalent in 4 years or more of sufficient and progressively responsible office coordination and customer service experience
- BA/BS in Business Administration, Contract Management, a related discipline, or equivalent experience
- Knowledge of government procurement principles and processes
- Previous experience working with or for small businesses or nonprofits
- Previous experience with construction administrative support or veteran/military services
- Familiarity with Neoserra or other Customer Relationship Management databases
Qualified applicants should submit the following via email to email@example.com:
- 1. HSU application
- 2. Cover Letter
- 3. Résumé
- 4. Three professional reference contacts
- 5. HSU SPF Self Identification Form for Job Applicants (signed in two places)
Incomplete applications will not be considered.
For questions regarding this posting contact the Program Director at firstname.lastname@example.org or 707-826-3922.
NEW Application Review Date: Thursday, April 25, 12:00 Noon. Position will be open until filled.
Humboldt State University Sponsored Programs Foundation is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. We consider qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, medical condition, disability, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected status. More information about HSU SPF’s Equal Employment Opportunity hiring can be found here.
For assistance with the application process, please submit an Accommodation Request Form which can be found here or call the SPF Interim Compliance Support Coordinator at (707) 826-5159.
A background check (including a criminal records check) must be completed satisfactorily before any candidate can be offered this position within HSU SPF. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the application status of applicants or continued employment of current HSU SPF employees who apply for this position.